Joy, My Heart
Sunday, March 6, 2011 by Miss K in Labels:

Here's a little poetry for you guys, I'll try to get back to updating soon!  Maybe even today or tomorrow =O  I like this one, but it came from me during a time when my life was very bleak, so please don't take it as a poor reflection on the happiness I've found now <3

Joy, My Heart

I stumble through my days,
Strange and perpetual glee
Thrown on with morning's makeup,
Similarly painted on my face.

Affection for emotionless things
That feel nothing for my feeling so deep
Tug at me from all directions,
Plucking apart my quivering smile.

Somewhere back there, I seem to have
Dropped something vital
That kept a bit of fire burning
To warm a heart so cold with staple steel.

Lost in the fugue of another endless day,
I hardly expected to find you there,
Bearing a bit of lit ember
To reignite my poked and smothered flame.

Post a Comment